A COVENANT BETWEEN CROWN TERRACE METHODIST CHURCH, ABERDEEN, AND ST. PETER METHODIST CHURCH, NEW ACHIMOTA CIRCUIT, ACCRA, GHANA.
We Recognise that there are many differences in the situations and approaches of the churches.
We Rejoice in the truths and the faith which bind us together We reaffirm the need to share each others' troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ.
In consequence, we make this Covenant:-
- We are together as Sisters and Brothers in Christ.
- We recognise that each person should be able to hear the Gospel in his or her own tongue, and be able to express their own faith in that language.
- We recognise that there are many ministries in the church and among God's people, and that everyone has a place.
- We recognise the need to share, both spiritually and materially, and affirm our intention to do so.
- We recognise the need for and the importance of mutual support in prayer, and will do so in all the ways we work for God in our churches.
Christ's New Commandment was that we should love each other just as He loved us. Our Covenant is to carry out this New Commandment.